Job Title: MINI Technician
Reporting to: MINI Service Manager
Based at: MINI Long Hanborough
Objectives of the Post:
To be fully skilled in all aspects of repair and maintenance of vehicles. To efficiently repair and maintain vehicles to the very highest possible standard whilst working within the confines of customer requirements. To make full use of all special tools, servicing equipment and training that is provided.
• To carry out service and repair work on vehicles provided correctly, safely and within the times specified by BMW or in the ICME Flat Rate Manual, or to realistic times, if on a time taken basis.
• Ensure all job records are completed as directed by Management.
• To ensure that times taken are recorded as specified by the Management.
• Maintain a level of workmanship by attending internal and external training courses, as directed by management
• Ensure proper identification and handling of parts used in the course of servicing and repairing vehicles.
• Inform Workshop Controller where agreed completion times cannot be met.
• To ensure parts for guarantee claims are returned to the Parts Department (cleaned and drained of oil where necessary).
• To respond to quality checks in a positive and constructive way.
• To be prepared to work overtime, with reasonable notice, if requested by the management.
• To ensure that vehicles worked on are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of that vehicle while in the Company's possession. To ensure that all written reports are legible, accurate and explicit
• To ensure, where practical, old or unused new materials not fitted to customers vehicles are returned to the customer, i.e. wrapped and left in vehicle boot. When this is impractical due to size or condition, the material should be handed over to the Workshop Controller. A note to this effect should be made on the repair order by the technician.
• Support Company quality initiatives including Quality Management Systems.
• To help promote the Company to its clients at every given opportunity.
• Record any customer complaints/non-conformances and pass on to Department Manager
• To be familiar with QMA and work to its standards and procedures.
• To repair and maintain automobiles in a safe and efficient manner.
• Wash all aftersales vehicles to a high standard, including wheels and tyres
• Use all reasonable care when handling vehicles and spare parts during the course of duties.
• To maintain the very highest quality of all repairs
• To behave in a responsible manner personally and towards other members of staff.
• To liaise closely and on an equal basis with all fellow members of staff regarding use of workbays, tool room and parking facilities.
• Maintain a level of housekeeping required by Management.
• Use only recognised tools and equipment which are fit for the purpose, for servicing and repairing vehicles. Keep all personal tools and equipment clean and stowed away in good order. All workshop equipment to be cleaned and returned to storage immediately after use.
• Report any breakage’s and damage immediately to the Workshop Controller.
• City and Guilds Certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance.
• National Craft Certificate.
• Honesty and integrity
• Good time keeping
• To be neat and tidy in both personal appearance and approach to work
• To be courteous and well mannered
• Liaise with Workshop controller, Technicians, Service Advisors and other department staff when required
Limits of Authority:
• Not to over-ride decisions made by more senior members of staff.
• Not to make any decision regarding extra expenditure on customers vehicles
• Not to make any representation to any form of media on the Company's behalf.
• Full valid UK driving licence
• Eligibility to work in the UK
Remuneration and Benefits:
• The role is 40.00 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:30 – 5:00pm with Saturdays working on a rota basis.
• Highly competitive Salary
• Benefits include 22 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension Contribution, Vehicle Leasing Scheme, Child Care Vouchers and Training and Development
If you're interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to: