Job Title: MINI Product Specialist
Reporting to: Brand Manager
Based at: North Oxford MINI
Objectives of the Post:
• To achieve vehicle sales and profit targets, and vehicle related service objectives by providing premier customer service and consultation.
• To handle all customer enquiries and vehicle related service objectives by understanding how to treat customers fairly and providing a premium customer service.
• To have strong product knowledge and speak confidently and effectively to new and existing customers about our cars.
• To prospect new customers and to maintain positive relationships with existing customers with strong communication skills.
• Providing first class customer service and consultation to all customers whether face-to-face, phone, online or via alternative channels.
• Pro-actively and consistently prospecting of new and existing customers via regular direct approaches, telephone or event marketing. Communicating product, finance, technology and tactical.
• Creating & maintaining customer records and administrative information on relevant databases (contact details, date of last contact, customer notes).
• Building and managing a personal database of customers.
• Creating and coordinating customer appointments to generate sales.
• Communicating and liaising with customers from initial contact through purchase and the lifecycle of the product.
• Qualification of customer needs including clarifying the type of vehicle use, suggested equipment, delivery date, financing/insurance, purchasing reasons and additional relevant information (e.g. hobbies).
• Proactively providing customer test drives based on the customer’s needs.
• Negotiating the sale around the type of vehicle suitable based on assessment of customer needs and effective qualification.
• Organising and making necessary arrangements for test drives including preparation and checking of the vehicle.
• Effectively negotiate the sale of the car and work closely with the MINI Sales Manager or Brand Manager
• Providing quotations to new and existing customers whilst liaising with Sales Manager regarding finance negotiation and other objections.
• Processing a customer’s used car valuation, including initiating a full Part Exchange appraisal, prior to providing the valuation quote.
• Initiating and supervising the timely & reliable processing of all correspondence in relation to the sale and financing of the delivery.
• Creating necessary vehicle and customer documents.
• Processing and managing the vehicle order.
• Managing customer change requests.
• Making arrangements for delivery.
• Conducting final checks prior to vehicle delivery and provide a fun, positive handover to customers by reflecting the brand values.
• Ensuring regular communication with existing customers and supporting the service department with referrals.
• Processing complaints to the complete satisfaction of the customer, the dealership and the company.
• Liaising with internal staff on customer and business processing.
• Maintaining knowledge of the complete product range including technologies and competitors.
• Ensuring the showroom or product display areas are up to date and acceptable for viewing.
• Proven excellent customer service skills and likes to work with people.
• Proven Sales skills or experience.
• Enjoys working in a high pressured environment.
• Enjoys working to and can achieve/exceed challenging targets.
• Able to take initiative and ownership of issues; is proactive, has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Able to work independently.
• Able to multi-task and switch quickly between tasks.
• Willingness to learn and develop, and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Strong people / communication skills.
• Is a team player. Offers help and support to others.
• Competent in understanding FCA requirements for treating customers fairly and providing expert advice and technical knowledge on all aspects of vehicle financing.
Achievement and Results Motivation
• Strives for outstanding performance and sets challenging goals and targets.
• Shows initiative and takes charge of accelerating the business with a focus on solutions and driving issues to closure.
• Makes sure that he/she achieves results in conversations.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
• Analyses and evaluates key data quickly and with the relevant details, abstracts to a higher level, applies logics and common sense.
• Makes decisions, commits to actions and takes over responsibilities with calculated risks.
• Communicates openly, friendly, and eloquently by using different communication methods and puts people at ease.
• Is tactful and sensitive and communicates with impact.
• Identifies with and acts for MINI culture, brand, lifestyle, and values.
• Acts as an ambassador for MINI and is passionate about the products and perceived image.
Customer & Service Orientation
• Creates a premium customer experience. Identifies and anticipates customer’s expectations and needs.
• Assures that customer issues are resolved and focuses on customer satisfaction.
Flexibility and Desire to Learn
• Adapts quickly to unknown situations, is flexible, self-reflective, and willingly improves his/her own skills and competence.
• Shows an openness to change, innovates processes, and strives for new ideas.
• Easily builds up relationships, is empathic and self-confident.
• Is engaging, open for personal interaction, and pleasant.
• Presents good arguments to support propositions, negotiates with a sense for the “right” moment and remains objective when faced with criticism.
Self-Management & Resilience
• Manages his/her time appropriately, taking into account costs and time.
• Prioritises information and works in a structured and efficient manner – even under pressure.
• Facilitates interaction between team members and appreciates teamwork.
• Looks for ways to enhance collaboration and balances the interests and concerns of team members.
• Full valid UK driving licence
• Eligibility to work in the UK
Remuneration and Benefits:
• Competitive Salary + Commission
• Benefits: Company Vehicle, 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension Contribution, Vehicle Leasing Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme and Training and Development
If you're interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to: