Job Title: MINI Retail Manager - Finance
Reporting to: MINI Sales Manager
Department: MINI Sales
Based at: MINI Long Hanborough
Purpose of the Job
To control the sales enquiry management process and maximise all opportunities to do business and providing excellent levels of customer service.
- To establish every customer’s Financial Services demands and needs, and to recommend suitable products in accordance with those demands and needs.
- To support the MINI Brand & Retail Sales Managers in motivating the sales team in order to achieve agreed financial targets and quality standards for all retail sales, within defined operating and financial guidelines.
- To coach and develop the Sales consultants in order to improve their Financial Services knowledge and skills base, demonstrating this by second facing customers and assisting with closing deals in order to maximise the volume and profit opportunity.
- To ensure that all enquires are dealt with in strict accordance with the Manufacturer mystery shop guidelines and the Company’s agreed sales process.
- To contribute to the development of plans, policies and procedures as required, ensuring the achievement of all sales sales smoothly and in a timely manner.
- To remain compliant with the requirements set out by the FCA in relation to the sale of finance and insurance products, ensuring that customers are always treated fairly.
- To prepare and use a planned sales presentation, designed to achieve maximum results from available sales opportunities, including: customer greeting; qualifying; handling objections; product presentation and demonstrations; closing; presentation and delivery of finance related products.
- To support the Brand & Retail Sales Managers in the use of Customer Follow-Up and Prospecting systems (Business Intelligence Sales Funnel) designed to create additional sales opportunities for repeat or new business, including the effective support of the E-Master, CitNOW and Launchpad systems to promote the maximisation of customer retention.
- To manage the E-Master system, identifying customers and stock vehicles for regular structured prospecting activity both personally and for the sales team.
- To oversee timely follow up activity in relation to Early settlement requests, End of Term notifications, Motability renewals, and Alphadrive / CBS Employee car scheme renewals.
- To implement regular and structured follow up activity for opportunities identified from analysing the daily Service customer diary.
- To support the Brand & Retail Sales Managers in the effective implementation and use of a planned daily, weekly and monthly customer appointment making programme.
- To ensure that FCA standards are met in relation to the selling of Financial Services products at all times throughout the customer journey, and that the business always treats customers fairly.
- Develop and maintain a full knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key strategies of major competitors.
- To support the MINI Brand Manager in the handling of customer queries and complaints to ensure their complete resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide reports as required on all Financial Services sales and activity, to ensure accurate sales forecasts are delivered to the manufacturer and internally.
- Maintain adequate records of all finance transactions. Ensure the completion of all sales, profit, and financial paperwork accurately and in a timely manner, and to ensure the thorough completion of each sales transaction.
- To cover as required for the Retail Manager – Sales.
- Support the Retail Sales Manager in the carrying out of accurate appraisals of all vehicles presented for part exchange, using a systematic appraisal record, including mechanical, electrical and all cosmetic features.
- Ensure that HPI checks have been re-completed and that cleared funds and all necessary Financial Service payout authorisations are in place prior to delivery.
- To oversee and manage the payout of all Finance agreements, and the submission of accurate documentation for all other Financial Services income streams.
- Support the Brand & Retail Sales Managers in maintaining the showrooms and display areas with well-presented cars which have complete and accurate merchandising and point of sale display material, including all those relating to Financial Services products.
- To ensure that MINI Retail standards and related quality processes and standards are maintained at all times.
- Proven excellent customer service skills and likes to work with people.
- Proven Sales skills or experience.
- Enjoys working in a high pressured environment.
- Enjoys working to and can achieve challenging targets.
- Able to take initiative and ownership of issues; is proactive, has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to multi-task and switch quickly between tasks.
- Willingness to learn and develop, and keep up-to-date with complex/ technical/product information.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong people/ communication skills.
- Is a team player. Offers help and support to others.
- Competent in understanding FCA requirements for treating customers fairly and providing expert advice and technical knowledge on all aspects of vehicle financing.
Achievement and Results Motivation
- Strives for outstanding performance and sets challenging goals and targets.
- Shows initiative and takes charge of accelerating the business with a focus on solutions and driving issues to closure.
- Makes sure that he/she achieves results in conversations.
Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
- Analyses and evaluates key data quickly and with the relevant details, abstracts to a higher level, applies logics and common sense.
- Makes decisions, commits to actions and takes over responsibilities with calculated risks.
- Communicates openly, friendly, and eloquently by using different communication methods and puts people at ease.
- Is tactful and sensitive and communicates with impact.
- Identifies with and acts for MINI culture, brand, lifestyle, and values.
- Acts as an ambassador for MINI and is passionate about the products and perceived image.
Customer & Service Orientation
- Creates a premium customer experience. Identifies and anticipates customer’s expectations and needs.
- Assures that customer issues are resolved and focuses on customer satisfaction.
Flexibility and Desire to Learn
- Adapts quickly to unknown situations, is flexible, self-reflective, and willingly improves his/her own skills and competence.
- Shows an openness to change, innovates processes, and strives for new ideas.
- Easily builds up relationships, is empathic and self-confident.
- Is engaging, open for personal interaction, and pleasant.
- Presents good arguments to support propositions, negotiates with a sense for the “right” moment and remains objective when faced with criticism.
Self-Management & Resilience
- Manages his/her time appropriately, taking into account costs and time.
- Prioritises information and works in a structured and efficient manner – even under pressure.
- Facilitates interaction between team members and appreciates teamwork.
- Looks for ways to enhance collaboration and balances the interests and concerns of team members.
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Commission
- Company Vehicle, 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension contribution, Private Healthcare (Self & spouse), Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and Development
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org